I was 18 years old. I had envisioned a perfectly smooth and fun-filled life for myself. I was pursuing B.Tech, had a girlfriend to live for, had friends who would support me in every endeavor and a family to feel of. My dreams were as simple as imagined.
- Successfully complete B.Tech with grades above 7.5.
- Get a corporate job before leaving college and pursue it steadily for 2 – 3 years.
- Meanwhile convince parents for marriage with the one I Love.
- Get married to my Love by the age of 24.
- Leave job by 25 – 26 years of age, build up my own business.
- Enjoy a romantic and exciting life with my wife.
- Set up the income source perfectly along with family and buy a Honda Civic.
- Have a kid by 29 – 30 years of age.
These were my plans for the next 12 years.
Today is my 30th birthday. I am sitting in a rented apartment, 1500kms away from home, in a suit holding a glass of wine and staring at this old torn and taped piece of paper. My then girlfriend is long-lost, probably married (so is my last girlfriend). I am still single, doing a job, living a questionable life away from family.
Even though I say ‘I don’t wanna get married’, but I do. I wanted to get married by the age of 24 and live a happy, healthy life with my love. My dreams encircled the single-most powerful variable – LOVE.